SPECTATOR & GUEST INFORMATION
Prior to heading to The Riviera Country Club for the Genesis Open, stay up to date on all important spectator information to make your experience more enjoyable. Get familiar with the course layout, transportation options, the best places to eat and relax while at Riviera and what is and is not allowed inside the gates.
The Riviera Country Club | February 12-18, 2018
|Monday, Feb. 12||ActivePDF Pro-Am & Collegiate Showcase||Approx. 8 a.m.|
|Tuesday, Feb. 13||Professional practice rounds||Course closed to public|
|Wednesday, Feb. 14||Genesis Open Official Pro-Am||Approx. 6:40 a.m.|
|Thursday, Feb. 15||Round 1||Approx. 6:40 a.m.||TV: Golf Channel 12-3 p.m.|
|Friday, Feb. 16||Round 2||Approx. 6:40 a.m.||TV: Golf Channel 12-3 p.m.|
|Saturday, Feb. 17||Round 3||Approx. 8 a.m.||Youth golf exhibition - approx. 1 p.m.||TV: Golf Channel 11 a.m. - 12:30 p.m.; CBS 1-4 p.m.|
|Sunday, Feb. 18||Round 4||Approx. 8 a.m.||TV: Golf Channel 10-11:30 a.m.; CBS 12-3:30 p.m.|
From hole to hole, there’s no bad view of golf at The Riviera Country Club. Find out where the best places to watch golf, relax and experience all that the Genesis Open has to offer on its featured holes.
One of the greatest starting holes on the PGA TOUR, the tee rests 75 feet above the fairway. With a big tee shot, players can set themselves up for a birdie or possibly an eagle. With out of bounds left and trees right, an errant tee shot could spell trouble.
At the Genesis Open
- Main entrance located on 1 fairway
- The Strip featuring interactive experiences for all fans
- The Boulevard displays located between 1 and 2 fairway
- The Genesis Pavilion just inside the main entrance
Jack Nicklaus calls this ‘one of the best holes in championship golf.’ A short hole, but by no means easy, longer hitters can drive this green, but extreme accuracy is required. The ideal spot to come into this green is from the left side of the fairway. An extremely narrow green with bunkers right, left and behind give this hole its character.
At the Genesis Open
- Public grandstand on 10 green
- Youth viewing zone
- NEW IN 2018: the vineyard vines club at 10 green is open to all guests and features premium food, beverages and great views of the signature hole at Riviera
Considered one of the easier holes at Riviera, par is a good score. An extremely wide green often causes the players to lose sense of aim. Two large bunkers in front of the green, one left and one right, will catch any errant shots.
At the Genesis Open
- The Genesis Lounge – open to the public
- Public grandstand on 14 green
- The Promenade including food trucks, public seating and giant video board – NEW LOCATION IN 2018 behind 14 green
One of golf’s most unique and recognized finishing holes. The green rests below the clubhouse in a natural amphitheater. A blind tee shot from well below the level of the fairway must carry the hill and fly approximately 220 yards to reach safely. The second shot requires a long iron or even a wood to a kidney-shaped green.
At the Genesis Open
- Ample amphitheater style seating on the green
- Watch the next champion be crowned on 18 green
Tee Off For Youth
At the Genesis Open, we aim to give all kids opportunities to unique golf and educational experiences. The Genesis Open Tee Off for Youth program provides tickets to specially selected youth groups in the Los Angeles area to attend the tournament on Saturday for round 3 to learn the ins and outs of the game of golf. Funding for this program is supported through generous donation of individuals and businesses in the LA region.
PARTICIPATING GROUPS RECEIVE
- Tickets for all youth participants & chaperones
- Transportation to & from The Riviera Country Club
- Complimentary lunch at the event
- Genesis Open souvenirs
- Interactive youth programming throughout the day
For young golf fans, there is no better deal than complimentary grounds tickets to the Genesis Open. Youth, 15 and under, receive complimentary grounds tickets which are available to be picked up at the Genesis Open box office, located at the Main Entrance, when accompanied with a ticketed adult ticket. Discounted clubhouse tickets for youth are also available for purchase at the box office.
- Youth 15 and younger free with a ticketed adult
- Youth tickets available for pick up at box office
- Youth 16 – 18 and college students eligible to special grounds ticket discount with valid student ID
Youth golf Exhibition
Learn from a pro
Sharpen your golf skills with help from the PGA TOUR’s best players. The Genesis Open will host a golf demonstration and exhibition for young golf fans. The free interactive demo will take place on The Riviera Country Club driving range on Saturday, February 17. Learn from a PGA TOUR professional in a small group setting and pick up tips to take your game to the next level.
- Saturday, February 17 – 1 p.m.
- Located on the driving range
- Free for all kids 15 and younger
YOUTH VIEWING ZONES
Front for viewing
The Genesis Open is a club for all ages. Hosted by TGR Live and benefiting the Tiger Woods Foundation, the Genesis Open provides unique experiences for youth attending the tournament. Young golf fans can get up close and personal to the world’s best golfers. The Genesis Open offers three youth designated viewing zones around the course. These areas provide special access for young fans and feature an upgraded viewing experience directly next to the green.
YOUTH VIEWING ZONE LOCATIONS
- 8 green
- 10 green
- 14 green
Before heading to The Riviera Country Club for the Genesis Open, know what can and can’t be brought in through the gates.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE PERMITTED ON TOURNAMENT GROUNDS
- Opaque bags 6″ x 6″ x 6″ or smaller
- Clear plastic, vinyl or other carry items not exceeding 12″ x 12″ x 6″
- A one-gallon clear resealable plastic bag
- Cell phones, smartphones and tablets – MUST be on silent mode and adhere to the PGA TOUR’s Mobile Device Policy
- Monday and Wednesday only: still point-and-shoot cameras with lens smaller than 6″; no cases
- Umbrellas without sleeves
- Portable radios with headsets
- Medically necessary supplies, strollers, small diaper bags, plastic baby bottles and other necessary baby supplies (infant must be with carrier)
- Collapsible chairs without carry bags
- Binoculars without case
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON TOURNAMENT GROUNDS
- No bags larger than 6″ x 6″ x 6″, including carrying cases, backpacks, camera bags or chair bags
- No clear plastic, vinyl or other carry items larger than 12″ x 12″ x 6″
- No plastic, metal or glass cups, cans or containers of any kind except for medical or infant needs
- No computers or laptops
- No fireworks or laser pointers
- No lawn or oversize chairs, seat cushions or bicycles
- No pets, except for service animals
- No knives, firearms or weapons of any kind
- No video cameras (all week)
- No cameras (during competition rounds, Thursday-Sunday). Professional-looking cameras and equipment (long-range lenses, tripods, etc.) will NOT be allowed
- No beverages (patrons may not bring in or exit with beverages) or coolers
- No radios or TVs
- No signs, posters or banners
FIRST AID, AUTOGRAPHS & GOLF ETIQUETTE
Should an emergency occur, contact any uniformed tournament personnel or law enforcement personnel in order to expedite medical assistance. First aid tents are displayed on all course maps.
During the competition rounds (Thursday-Sunday), players will not sign autographs until they have completed their rounds. Autograph Alley for youth will be designated at the clubhouse near the practice putting green.
- Hands in the air means stop and be quiet while golfers are playing their shots.
- To allow for better viewing for all, please be considerate of others and kneel or sit down whenever possible.
- For your safety and the safety of others, please follow the directions of the tournament marshals.
TRANSPORTATION & PARKING
Guests who ride the Metro Expo Line should exit at Downtown Santa Monica Station and walk to the tournament shuttle pick-up and drop-off location on Wilshire Boulevard between 2nd St. and 3rd St. This walk is approximately 10-15 minutes. Go Metro and plan your trip at www.metro.net.
Monday, February 12
For guests attending the Genesis Open on Monday, Feb. 12, parking is located at Paul Revere Charter Middle School (13103 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049), with the Main Entrance a short walk or shuttle ride away on Longworth Drive between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Tuesday, February 13 – course closed to public
Wednesday, February 14 – Sunday, February 18
For guests attending the Genesis Open from Wednesday- Sunday, Feb. 14-18, tournament parking is available in Santa Monica’s downtown parking structures S1-S8. Parking structures S1 through S8 are open 24 hours a day, regular parking rates and rules apply. Genesis Open parking ambassadors will be posted in parking structures S1-S8 to assists guests with any questions. After parking, guests are directed to the tournament shuttle pick-up/drop-off location.
Complimentary Genesis Open shuttles will run Wednesday-Sunday of tournament week from Downtown Santa Monica to The Riviera Country Club. The shuttle pick-up and drop-off location is located on Wilshire Boulevard between 2nd St. and 3rd St. The shuttle will drop guests at the tournament’s Main Entrance on Longworth Drive. Guests do NOT need a tournament ticket to ride the shuttle; tournament tickets can be purchased on the day of the tournament at the box office located at the Main Entrance. The shuttle ride from the downtown pick-up and drop-off location to The Riviera Country Club is a four-mile ride.
Wednesday – Friday:
6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday:
7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Uber and other rideshares
Uber is the official rideshare partner of the Genesis Open. The tournament is offering riders a convenient walk-up entrance from the tournament’s designated rideshare drop-off and pick-up location:
Rideshare pick-up & drop-off location:
1450 Allenford Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90049