Where to watch the best golf action at Riviera
The Riviera Country Club is one of the most iconic venues to watch golf. The unique course design offers amazing viewing spots to watch the world’s best golfers. The front and back nine are unusually intertwined making it easy to get from hole-to-hole. If 2018 is your first time at the Genesis Open or you’re just looking for a great place to watch golf, here are the best places at Rivera to catch all the action.
- 1 tee – The tee shot off the iconic first tee at Riviera is a must see. The elevated tee box sits 70 feet above the fairway and offers one of the most scenic views on course. With clear views down to the green, you can watch players reach this short 503-yard par-5 in two shots.
- 6 green – Have you ever seen a bunker in the middle of a green? The 6th hole is on the outermost edge of the golf course, but is well worth the walk. The green is a great shaded place to camp out and watch your favorite players come through. The historic bunker lies in between the top and bottom tier of the green. If you sit by this green you will certainly see some creative shots on and around the green.
- 9 green & 10 tee – The green and tee lie right below the clubhouse and will position you right in the middle of the action. Staying in just one location, you can see multiple shots. From the approach to the narrow 9 green, to the notorious tee shot on 10, you will be sure to see great golf.
- 10 green – Don’t be deceived by the 10th hole at Riviera. The reachable 315-yard par-4 puzzles golfers. Would you lay up, or go for the green off the tee? The green is surrounded by bunkers and the temptation to go for the green off the tee often results in a bogey. The risk/reward tee shot will offer action-packed golf.
- Genesis Lounge on 14 – The 14th hole is your best chance to see a hole-in-one. The Genesis Lounge on 14 is a popular viewing deck open to public that combines comfort and luxury with great views of golf for all guests. Make sure to get there early to pick your spot with incredible views from tee to green.
- 18 green – The natural amphitheater around 18 green provides one of the most dramatic finishes in golf. The 475-yard par-4 finishing hole requires a great tee shot up a hill. Claim your spot early on Sunday and be in the center of the excitement to see who comes out on top as the 2018 champion.
PUBLIC VIEWING AREAS
- Public grandstands – You don’t always need to rush to the rope line to get a good view. Stop by any of the open to the public grandstands on course and enjoy the championship level golf while resting your legs. Public grandstands are located at the driving range, 9, 10, 14 & 17 greens.
- Public viewing decks – Stop by the William Hill Estate Wine Deck on 2 green or the vineyard vines club on 10 green and enjoy amazing views from these open to the public areas.
- Youth viewing zones – Kids do not need to worry any more about seeing over adults! Youth viewing zones are located at 8, 10 and 14 greens.
- Practice areas – If you want to see your favorite golfer up close, the driving range or practice greens are a great place to visit. Usually you can find players there before and after their rounds.
- Dress smart – Keep in mind that you will be doing a lot of walking! Remember to wear layers of comfortable walking clothes and shoes. Prepare to be in the sun all day, so don’t forget your sunglasses and sunscreen.
- Plan ahead – If you don’t want to miss any of the action, plan ahead. Take a look at the tee times and get familiar with where your favorite players are in comparison to each other. Grab a course map and utilize online scoring to stay up to date to see exactly what hole the pros are on.