SPECTATOR & GUEST INFORMATION
Prior to heading to The Riviera Country Club for the Genesis Open, stay up to date on all important spectator information to make your experience more enjoyable. Get familiar with the course layout, transportation options, the best places to eat and relax while at Riviera and what is and is not allowed inside the gates. All guests at the Genesis Open can enjoy:
- Public grandstands on the driving range, 9, 10, 14 and 17 greens
- The Promenade including food trucks, public seating and video board – located behind 14 green
- The Strip and The Boulevard featuring interactive partner displays and giveaways
- The ULTRA Club on 2 green featuring great views and the perfect cold drink
- The vineyard vines club at 10 green offering premium food, beverages and great views of the signature hole at Riviera
- The Landing featuring SLAB barbecue in a lively beer garden atmosphere along 18 fairway
- The GREY GOOSE 19th Hole located near 18 green and 10 tee featuring signature cocktails
Guest experiences - click through
The Genesis Open is a golf event re-imagined for LA. The 2019 tournament will once again offer a number of unique experiences for all guests. Click through to see what experience awaits at Riviera.
The Genesis Lounge
One of the two par-3 offering a Genesis vehicle to any pro who aces it, there are no shortages of spectacular views at 14. Experience The Genesis Lounge, which blends modern luxury with up close and personal viewing areas. All guests are welcome to experience the upgraded views and amenities every day at The Genesis Lounge.
vineyard vines club
You can watch the ultimate risk-reward hole from the lively vineyard vines club on the 10th fairway. Open to all fans, it's the place to be on-course with great views, elevated concession offerings unique to the deck including popcorn shrimp and garlic fries.
Visit The Boulevard near 2 green to stock up on food, drinks and gear. Grab a bite and a beverage at The BLVD concession stand, which features a hot breakfast sandwich, Southland fried chicken and a full bar, refresh at the Coca-Cola Kitchen featuring music, food and beverage sampling and more in the afternoon while you test your game with United Airlines.
GREY GOOSE 19th Hole
Located between 3 tee and 18 green, the GREY GOOSE 19th Hole provides dynamic views of Riviera’s most iconic holes along with a sleek enclosed lounge that is always the place to be as the leaders play through. Open to all guests 21 and older, don’t miss a second of the Genesis Open golf action while enjoying a signature cocktail.
The ULTRA Club
With public seating and heightened views of 2 green, the ULTRA Club provides an amazing “sports bar” experience for watching golf and grabbing an ice-cold beer. Featuring a full selection of beers, the ULTRA Club is a great place to grab a seat and take in the action or pick up a drink.
NEW to the Genesis Open in 2019, The Landing is located between 3 fairway and 18 fairway and features authentic Texas-style barbeque from SLAB (one of the hottest new restaurants in LA) in a beer garden type atmosphere. With expansive views of the action on course from under the cover of Riviera’s famed eucalyptus trees, The Landing is the afternoon spot to hang out.
Located behind 14 green and nestled between eight and 15 fairways, The Promenade features some of LA’s favorite food trucks including Cousins Maine Lobster, Pink Taco, WISE BBQ, Deli Doctor, Made in Brooklyn truck and Coolhaus. Grab a drink from the Michelob ULTRA bar or the GREY GOOSE Terrasse and enjoy watching the tournament from The Promenade’s giant video board.
Citi Cardmember Lounge
Located behind 17 green, the Citi Lounge provides access for all Citi cardmembers to a climate-controlled lounge with amazing views. Featuring interior and exterior patio seating, the Citi Lounge also includes full retail concessions and bar.
Swing by the TGR Learning Lab powered by CDW & Samsung, an interactive attraction for young golf fans vising Family Village. The tent will host hands-on STEM activities and much more! Discover if your STEM game is on par at this free, family-friendly experience. While at the Family Village, test your putting game on the United Airlines Putting Course
The Riviera Country Club | February 11-17, 2019
|date||event||time||info||TV||Box Office & Will Call|
|Monday, Feb. 11||ActivePDF Monday Pro-Am & Collegiate Showcase||Approx. 8 a.m.||8 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Tuesday, Feb. 12||Professional practice rounds||Course closed to public||Closed|
|Wednesday, Feb. 13||Official Pro-Am presented by MetLife||Approx. 6:40 a.m.||6 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Thursday, Feb. 14||Round 1||Approx. 6:40 a.m.||TV: Golf Channel 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.||6 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Friday, Feb. 15||Round 2||Approx. 6:40 a.m.||TV: Golf Channel 11 a.m. - 3 p.m.||6 a.m. - 3 p.m.|
|Saturday, Feb. 16||Round 3||Approx. 7 a.m.||Youth golf exhibition - approx. 1 p.m.||TV: Golf Channel 10-11:45 a.m.; CBS 12-3 p.m.||6:30 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
|Sunday, Feb. 17||Round 4||Approx. 6:45 a.m.||TV: Golf Channel 10-11:45 a.m.; CBS 12-3:30 p.m.||6:15 a.m. - 2 p.m.|
Tee Off For Youth
At the Genesis Open, we aim to give all kids opportunities to unique golf and educational experiences. The Genesis Open Tee Off for Youth program provides tickets to specially selected youth groups in the Los Angeles area to attend the tournament on Saturday for round 3 to learn the ins and outs of the game of golf. Funding for this program is supported through generous donation of individuals and businesses in the LA region.
PARTICIPATING GROUPS RECEIVE
- Tickets for all youth participants & chaperones
- Transportation to & from The Riviera Country Club
- Complimentary lunch at the event
- Genesis Open souvenirs
- Interactive youth programming throughout the day
For young golf fans, there is no better deal than complimentary grounds tickets to the Genesis Open. Youth, 15 and under, receive complimentary grounds tickets which are available to be picked up at the Genesis Open box office, located at the Main Entrance, when accompanied with a ticketed adult ticket. Discounted clubhouse tickets for youth are also available for purchase at the box office.
- Youth 15 and younger free with a ticketed adult
- Youth tickets available for pick up at box office
- Youth 16 – 18 and college students eligible to special grounds ticket discount with valid student ID
Youth golf Exhibition
Learn from a pro
Sharpen your golf skills with help from the PGA TOUR’s best players. The Genesis Open will host a golf demonstration and exhibition for young golf fans. The free interactive demo will take place on The Riviera Country Club driving range on Saturday, February 16. Learn from a PGA TOUR professional in a small group setting and pick up tips to take your game to the next level.
- Saturday, February 16 – 1 p.m.
- Located on the driving range
- Free for all kids 15 and younger
YOUTH VIEWING ZONES
Front for viewing
The Genesis Open is a club for all ages. Hosted by TGR Live and benefiting the TGR Foundation, the Genesis Open provides unique experiences for youth attending the tournament. Young golf fans can get up close and personal to the world’s best golfers. The Genesis Open offers three youth designated viewing zones around the course. These areas provide special access for young fans and feature an upgraded viewing experience directly next to the green.
YOUTH VIEWING ZONE LOCATIONS
- 8 green
- 10 green
- 14 green
Before heading to The Riviera Country Club for the Genesis Open, know what can and can’t be brought in through the gates.
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE PERMITTED ON TOURNAMENT GROUNDS
- Opaque bags 6″ x 6″ x 6″ or smaller
- Clear plastic, vinyl or other carry items not exceeding 12″ x 12″ x 6″
- A one-gallon clear resealable plastic bag
- Cell phones, smartphones and tablets – MUST be on silent mode and adhere to the PGA TOUR’s Mobile Device Policy
- Monday and Wednesday only: still point-and-shoot cameras with lens smaller than 6″; no cases
- Umbrellas without sleeves
- Portable radios with headsets
- Medically necessary supplies, strollers, small diaper bags, plastic baby bottles and other necessary baby supplies (infant must be with carrier)
- Collapsible chairs without carry bags
- Binoculars without case
THE FOLLOWING ITEMS ARE NOT PERMITTED ON TOURNAMENT GROUNDS
- No bags larger than 6″ x 6″ x 6″, including carrying cases, backpacks, camera bags or chair bags
- No clear plastic, vinyl or other carry items larger than 12″ x 12″ x 6″
- No plastic, metal or glass cups, cans or containers of any kind except for medical or infant needs
- No computers or laptops
- No fireworks or laser pointers
- No lawn or oversize chairs, seat cushions or bicycles
- No pets, except for service animals
- No knives, firearms or weapons of any kind
- No video cameras (all week)
- No cameras (during competition rounds, Thursday-Sunday). Professional-looking cameras and equipment (long-range lenses, tripods, etc.) will NOT be allowed
- No beverages (patrons may not bring in or exit with beverages) or coolers
- No radios or TVs
- No signs, posters or banners
FIRST AID, AUTOGRAPHS & GOLF ETIQUETTE
Should an emergency occur, contact any uniformed tournament personnel or law enforcement personnel in order to expedite medical assistance. First aid tents are displayed on all course maps.
During the competition rounds (Thursday-Sunday), players will not sign autographs until they have completed their rounds. Autograph Alley for youth will be designated at the clubhouse near the practice putting green.
- Hands in the air means stop and be quiet while golfers are playing their shots.
- To allow for better viewing for all, please be considerate of others and kneel or sit down whenever possible.
- For your safety and the safety of others, please follow the directions of the tournament marshals.
Complimentary Genesis Open shuttles will run Wednesday-Sunday of tournament week from Downtown Santa Monica to The Riviera Country Club. The shuttle pick-up and drop-off location is located on Wilshire Boulevard between 2nd St. and 3rd St. The shuttle will drop guests at the tournament’s Main Entrance on Longworth Drive. Guests do NOT need a tournament ticket to ride the shuttle; tournament tickets can be purchased on the day of the tournament at the box office located at the Main Entrance. The shuttle ride from the downtown pick-up and drop-off location to The Riviera Country Club is a four-mile ride.
COMPLIMENTARY TOURNAMENT SHUTTLE SCHEDULE:
Wednesday – Friday:
6 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Saturday – Sunday:
7:30 a.m. – 5 p.m.
UBER & OTHER RIDESHARES
Uber and other rideshares
The Genesis Open offering riders a convenient walk-up entrance from the tournament’s designated rideshare drop-off and pick-up location:
Paul Revere Charter Middle School
1450 Allenford Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90049
Guests who ride the Metro Expo Line should exit at the Downtown Santa Monica station and walk to the tournament shuttle pick-up and drop-off location on Wilshire Boulevard between 2nd St. and 3rd St. This walk is approximately10-15 minutes. Go Metro and plan your trip at www.metro.net.
Bikes can be ridden to and locked up at Lot 4 Paul Revere Middle School which is a short walk to the Tournament Main Entrance.
Monday, February 11
For guests attending the Genesis Open on Monday, Feb. 11, parking is located at Paul Revere Charter Middle School (13103 Sunset Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90049), with the Main Entrance a short walk or shuttle ride away on Longworth Drive between 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Wednesday, February 13 – Sunday, February 17
For guests attending the Genesis Open from Wednesday- Sunday, Feb. 13-17, tournament parking is available in Santa Monica’s downtown parking structures S1-S8. Parking structures S1 through S8 are open 24 hours a day, regular parking rates and rules apply. Genesis Open parking ambassadors will be posted in parking structures S1-S8 to assists guests with any questions. After parking, guests are directed to the tournament shuttle pick-up/drop-off location.
ADA Parking is available at all public parking structures is Santa Monica. ADA accessible tournament shuttles are available. Please let the Transportation Staff when you arrive at the shuttle pick up and drop location. For any other ADA questions please call 800.752.6736 or e-mail any questions to GenesisOpen@TGRLive.com
NEW IN 2019. Park just minutes away from the main entrance of the Genesis Open. A limited number of Lot 5 parking passes are available for fans to purchase. A short shuttle bus ride drops you right at the main entrance of the tournament.
- $75 per parking pass, per day, Thursday – Sunday
- Limited quantities available
- Located at Will Rogers State Historic Park
- Guests access tournament’s Main Entrance via a short shuttle ride
Will Call is located at the Main Entrance on Longworth Dr. There is no temporary Will Call parking around the Main Entrance. There is NO will call located at the Riviera Country Club or at Capri Drive.
RIVIERA CLUBHOUSE AND CAPRI DRIVE
The Clubhouse entrance is open from Thursday February 14 to Sunday February 17 to Clubhouse and Hospitality Tickets only. No Grounds tickets are permitted. Upgrade options are available. The Clubhouse and the Clubhouse Entrance is closed to the public from Monday, February 11 to Wednesday, February 13.
Transportation & parking
All public parking for the Genesis Open is located in the Santa Monica public parking lots. Please see below for more information.
There is no public parking at or on the surrounding streets of The Riviera Country Club. All surrounding streets have parking restrictions from Wednesday February 13 to Sunday February 17 – 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.